MESA provides students with the essential skills and resources to achieve success in school, career, life and STEM-related disciplines. MESA welcomes all students and actively recruits ethnic minorities and females as they are often underrepresented in STEM fields such as computer science and engineering. MESA mobilizes and aligns the resources of diverse educational institutions, industry and other partners to create and implement an integrated program that maximizes impact and outcomes.
Miss Carlton Mrs. Arnold
MESA meets on 2 Wednesday each month-Check the Doxey Calendar for dates and times
- MESA schools hold two or more MESA "meetings" each month with most of the meetings occurring after school.
- Some advisors like a thematic approach such as clean energy or aeronautics; others may break up the year into technologies such as robotics, arduinos, and biomedical. Some MESA clubs combine with other organizations in the school such as TSA (Technology Student Association).
- MESA traditions include KRYPTO, building roller coasters and towers out of a wide variety of materials, and Barbie Bungee Cord Contest!
- MESA clubs often participate in service projects at their schools.
- Students prepare for competitions such as the Science/Math Olympiad, Sea Perch, Rube Goldberg, and Physics Day.
- The variety of activities helps to show students the variety of careers available to them if they continue on a pathway through math, engineering, and science.
- Parents and family members are always welcome!
MESA will have 2 Spirit Nights to help with the cost of Lagoon for the physics/science activities. The nights that are planned - December 13th at Chick Fil A in Layton 5:30-7:30pm - February 12th at Cafe Zupas in Layton from 5-9pm. We will be sending home information as the dates get closer. Be sure to tell all your neighbors, friends and relatives to eat out those nights in support of our MESA Club.